Saturday, March 11, 2006

Old and Hungover

The older I get, the worse my hangovers. This feeling like ass thing gets old.
I've taken up doing a lot more outdoorsy activity because it encourages me to not get wasted during weekends. If I made plans to go hiking or mountain biking with a buddy, I make a real effort to not get smashed the night before.
On days like today when I failed miserably in not drinking so much the night before, I sit on my ass and play World of Warcraft all day. So far I have 2 level 60 characters and a couple fistful of over level 30 characters. So yeah, I spend too much time being hungover.
There's something really comforting about sitting around, chasing your hangover with a beer and clicking on moving things on your screen.
Some days I watch "The History Channel", but it seems like recently all they talk about is the army. Forgive me for sounding ungrateful, but I get tired of hearing about our military. I love the specials they do on Rome or even better yet, Gengis Khan. My favorite thing I learned about Gengis Khan from this channel is how they kicked China's butt (I'm Chinese so I'm probably going to hell for saying that).
Get this, so his army rides up to Forbidden City, and he realizes he doesn't stand a chance fighting against this fortified castle. So what does he do? He camps out. He only knows how to do warfare on open field, so he camps. He camped for a good year, during which time he captures everyone that tries to enter the city. He then bribed some local Chinese engineers that understands how to build siege weapons and starts building them. During the year that he blocked off access to the city, the city weakened significantly. People starved to death and they didn't have space to bury them, so they had huge piles of bodies burning to avoid contamination from rotting corpse. So morale is at an all time low. Then he attacks. He uses his POW to man the siege weapons and throw them in the front line. The guy is a freaking genius...scary as hell, but genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home