Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Men = Spider Killers

I played some pool with a buddy of mine, after getting off work and not wanting to go home just yet...Shawn was talking about doing his spring cleaning and how it seemed like his place is crawling with spiders and that he'll occasionally scream because of them popping out of nowhere. I said, "Dear God, what good are y..." He replied, "I killed them. I was just get shocked by them. I don't scream with girls around." Hahaha, I told him that's a good thing, because pretty much men would be worthless if they can't kill crawlie-things-with-too-many-legs. Apparently he is aware of that fact.
We played pool at my old favorite haunt, Temple. I met this adorable gal there who I swore I knew, so I stopped her to talk to her. As it turns out, she has been to my sister's place a good few times. Then she asked, "That guy, is he your boyfriend?" Me, "Oh no, definitely not, he's a good buddy." She mentioned he looks familiar. After more chatting, I find out she bartends at Colin's Pub. I told her, Shawn was just at Colin's for a coworker's going away party. She said, "No wonder, I thought your boyfriend..." Me, "Please stop, not boyfriend...buuuud-die." Valerie, the gal, apologizes profusely, "I'm soooo sorry, I can't believe I'm doing this, I have a lot of guy friends too, and I always worry about people doing that. It makes things awkward."
Hahaha, yes, please, I have a lot of guy friends that I love so much. FRIENDS!!! I might guilt trip them into killing the occasional spiders here and there, but they're still friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home