Friday, August 11, 2006

Tuck and Robin Lakes

I had planned the Tuck and Robin Lakes backpacking trip as a 3 day/2 night thing on Monday-Wednesday…with the intention of camping at Robin Lakes, and spending the second day scrambling around the nearby Trico and Granite Mountains. It ended up not taking that long for us to scramble around the two mountains so we left early on Tuesday. So we hiked up 7.5 miles the first day then hiked 11.5 miles the second day, all with full packs on. I had bruised hips and collar bone by the end of the second day.

That was my third backpacking trip and before I left, I weighed my pack and the god damned thing gained 4lbs since my first trip. One would think that with more backpacking experience, I would learn how to shave the weight off; instead, I keep buying more unnecessary crap. I think it’s the extra Advil and Blister packs that I bought, fucking Advil weighs a ton.

Tuck and Robin Lakes are as gorgeous as they come. Everything about the place was just wonderful…I love the mix of well paved trails with lots of boulder fields so you feel like you’re taking a slightly off the beaten path. Scrambling with a full pack ended up being a lot easier than I thought…really, when you’re clinging onto rocks for dear life, you don’t notice the extra weight.

Charlie was absolutely in love with all the boulders...crazy mountain goat man that he is.

Link to a slide from this trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home