Thursday, July 27, 2006

Hell's Kitchen

Hell’s Kitchen is an awesome place despite my dislike for Tacoma. They make this amazing Bacon Cheese Fries that I am absolutely in love with. If you can brave the stench of Tacoma, I highly recommend it.

Brian’s show was being recorded to be put on DVD by some UW film students who asked to record their band as a student project. I’m not sure Brian could have asked for a better birthday: non-stop free beer, 5 cameras on him, he gets to sing...and he was constantly hounded by women all night. I could hardly get into the swarm to buy him a shot. It’s good to see him enjoying himself.

The band that played after his band, was Embalmed. They were great. The odd thing about this band is, when you look at them, most of them look like beach bums. They should be saying, “Yo dude, how’s it hanging?” and not screaming at you in demonic voices. One of the guitarists is actually too damned pretty for death metal…but hey, I’m not one to complain about eye candy.

The headlining band, Origin, was the final band to play…they were good. I think I would normally rate Origin a little higher than good…but every band was just so damned good that night. Still, there were people from Vancouver there that drove down to Seattle just to see Origin, so they must be better than good to a metal head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home