Friday, September 15, 2006

Ballistas of Doom

So I was talking to a coworker of mine about hiking the other day because I saw her hiking Mount Si. She mentioned hiking Mount Saint Helens this Saturday, and I told her how jealous I was that she managed to snag a permit on time when my buddies and I have tried but they sold out. Apparently she and her friends got their permits a few months back…because they’re not lazy bastards like me…buuuut, they have one person that dropped out. Guess who got a permit!?

So I was looking at the Mount St. Helens website and they have a list of stuff that I should be bringing for my climb. The first item on the list is a climber’s helmet to “protect your head in the event of volcanic ballistics.” Now shouldn’t that read “Park closed”? Also as an old D&D geek who played one too many game of GURPs I know our head has a natural +2 armor because of our skull…so what about the rest of my squishy self in the event of volcanic ballistics? Of course the second item I need is a “Dust Mask”…that doesn’t look like armor class 10 to me.

Combine that hawt look with item number 3, Goggles, I'm one extra special looking kid. Yes, I've become that hypochondriac Chinese kid that can't go on a minor hike without wearing a helmet while worrying about catching the bird flu. Go, me!

According to the site…the volcano is still very much active, so um…wish me good luck.

Random side note, my sister lost yet another cellphone.

Oh, and I just picked up a new toy, because it's not like I'm flat-ass broke from buying all my stupid gear. I can't even afford Top Ramen at this point. But...I'm a material stuff whore and this was too sweet to pass up. As a DS programmer, this bright bright screen makes me happy while feeling like punching Nintendo in the jaw for always releasing a shoddy product first intentionally, then releasing their super slick version later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home