Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Summer, My Love

It’s been happening a lot lately…I sit in front of the computer with the intention of composing a post…and I draw a blank. It’s like I ran out of shit to complain about, is that even possible? Maybe I’ve achieved perfect happiness…I’m at complete peace with the world. Hahahaha-hahaha-haha. *ouch* I hurt myself. Hell, I can talk smack myself all day, so how could I possibly run out of things to write?

Summer is nearing an end. *sob* How is that possible? Summer, you and I have only just gotten to know each other. Sure I bitch up a storm when you cause my armpits to sweat and I go into horrible writing coma when it gets 2 degrees above comfortable, but I’m a sweaty brat like that. And yeah, I’ve been plotting all sorts of winter backpacking trips but at least I do that all sneaky-like with emails behind your back and not out in the open while telling you to go fuck yourself. So please, stick around just a bit longer, the views from mountain tops are not the same in the autumn clouds.

I’ve rediscovered the joys of bike riding. I now feel like kicking all my friends that road bikes that never bothered telling me how much fun it is to just get out and ride – well, maybe one guy did, but I assumed he was on crack at the time because…who the fuck likes riding back before I discovered anyhow? Oh gosh, riding on the road is so wonderful – I’ve been a (really bad) mountain biker up till recently and as such I always rode in constant fear of losing all my teeth in a nasty spill. There is no fear of losing your teeth (limbs maybe) in road biking and the wind…wow, the wind in your hair and all over you is such an exhilarating feeling. I love riding on Lake Washington Blvd, because it’s relatively flat and the views are gorgeous and the cars are used to cyclist and the road just goes on forever… I used to cruise that blvd in my car and would stop at certain point but on a bike, I really didn’t want to stop…it’s that nice of a ride.

So of course now I’m pining away for a new road bike. I figured I can pick one up for hopefully cheaper at the end of the season. *cough*whensummergoesaway*cough*





View from Leschi Park
tonight -->

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home