Sunday, March 12, 2006

Snow dance!

It's only half past midnight and I'm home. I really don't enjoy being hungover on the slopes anymore. I did that way too often when I was a bit younger (wait maybe that was only a few months ago), but now I find the novelty to be wearing itself thin. I guess once you get to the point where you can carve decently and ride for a good hour straight, you like being sober.
For the first snow of the season this year, I did it such an injustice. My buddies wanted to drive to Crystal at 7 a.m. on the first Sunday the slopes opened. I was out till 4:30 a.m. at some buddy's going away party. I was still drunk when I left to find all my gear and drive to our meeting place. I got to the parking lot around 6 and crashed out until they got there. God, it was the best powder I've seen in my life, but it could have been soooo much better had I been less hungover/drunk.
My sister was pretty smashed when I left her bar. She was doing her usual Id personality and hating the world right before I left. I usually leave during that time because she gets blackout drunk, and everything I say to right the wrongs goes wasted. She never remembers the next day. It really makes me sad to see my sister constantly get blackout drunk, but I don't know how to help her. I've gone through every decent psychology book I've come across, but I'm not sure there's anything I can do to help...it's always up to the individual to want to change themselves for the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home