Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Doggie Style

I thought about working all day on 4th of July…then I thought I ought to hang myself for passing up all the party invites. And I figured I need to get my pastey white self out for a tan…and I always look for cheap excuses to jump into a bikini.
My buddy, Fraser, was throwing a party with a bunch of his buddies, where they planned to tie four boats together then have 3-4 giant floating fun islands tied together with various rafts and what-nots. It was pretty hard to pass up, especially since they were having it at the park that I stop by to walk at everyday after work.
Fraser rowed a raft out to get me when I got there, I asked him if he would end up shuttling people all day, he said, nope, I get to shuttle the next person. It ended up being a brilliant plan with the person getting shuttled to be the next shuttler. After an hour or two, people were drunk and pushing the raft around while swimming around, so that part was more than taken care off.
I met a gal, Becka, there who is a producer on some tight-deadlined project. She told me she insisted her team takes the day off, because the way she sees it, the client will not remember a year from now if they were one day late on the project, but her team will remember having to work on the 4th.
I swam and drank for as long as I could (actually, I can’t swim…in the words of Cartman, I do it doggie-style, I can’t tread water, if I stop, I drown)…then went off to work. It was a good day. I seem to be sporting a nasty bruise that I'm not sure how it got there, but my guess is: being wet + alcohol + leaping from boat to boat = what the fuck was I thinking!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home