Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Limbo, Hamster and Ninja

After sitting in Limbo for so many days, our team finally got our wish…sort of. In a horrible way…I think. I can’t tell anymore. We really wanted a chance to polish our game, but we think it has been approved already… Instead we were just told we get to make a Japanese version of our game, which wasn’t originally in the plan. So we all sat down and played the game together for 3 hours to see what we should fix for the Japanese build…then came away feeling like crying knowing how broken the game really is, and that it will probably be released that way for US. *sigh* While we wish to see the game in great shape, I doubt we’re jumping at the thought of killing ourselves some more for a version that might sell 10 copies – bought by us and maybe this guy.

I’m not sure what impact the new game version will have on my weekend schedule yet, but my friends are thinking about heading over to Cle Elum to backpack Cathedral Rocks, and Mount Daniel…so here’s to wishing.

My little brother, who is 11, recently asked me to get him Eragon. So I went to the store to pick it up, but they were out of that book, so I bought him Pikman 2 and Legend of Zelda: Four Swords instead – because I’m good influence that way. We played Zelda for a couple hours, it’s pretty good. They made really good use of the GBA link, but it's a bit distracting to constantly have to look up and down whenever you enter houses and caves or go underground. I got killed a few times trying to get my bearings.

I've been jumping around looking at other people's blogs (Blogs of Note from the Blogger.com front page is always fun) now that I suddenly have that mysterious thing called "time". It would appear people actually spend some time in designing their page. Programmers "design" (emphasis with finger quotes) by aligning some text, maybe add a few scrollie-button things and it’s done. I guess I could look into some html code, I don’t think I’ve touched that since I was a freshman in college, making my first (god awful) Tripod.com page. Ah, the good old days, where it’s okay to find joy in loading up your bright green page with dancing hamster and gay ninja gifs.

Damn, I think this blog title is more interesting than the blog. Dammit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home