Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Marmots Of My Dream

My blog has become a few different things to me. It’s a place where I share various moments with people - a place where hopefully it sometimes amuses them. It’s a place where I sometimes vent my frustration. It’s my means of convincing my friends that hiking is a beautiful thing. It’s where I sometimes come to day dream when I’m stuck at the office and I would rather be hiking.
Today, I was looking at a photo from Green Mountain and I was, for just a moment, teleported back there. I can smell the flowers in the field. I can feel the warmth of the sun with a gentle breeze. I can hear the soft rustling of tall grass and plants dancing against each other - and echoes of marmots whistling throughout the hills.
Marmots…we saw a few marmot holes along the way and let me warn you now, if you walk past one, hold your breath. Those things are the stinkiest little dens. It really doesn’t help that as a hiker going uphill you’re already huffing for air…catch of whiff of that, and you will fall over dead. It smells like twenty little hobos shoved into a ditch, where they all pee in the corner and the ditch gets baked in the sun…it will make your eyes water. Pesky little marmots, what are you doing in my day dream!? Get out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kiltak said...

What an amazing picture... makes me wish I was there :(

I really need to take vacations right now hehe.. been working like crazy for the past week.

"I'm a game programmer that can't even draw a stick figure worth a damn, else I would be an artist. Design? What's that?"

A game programmer who doesn't have an artistic sense? wtf? :) (btw, this was the comment you left on [geeks are sexy]). I'm just passing through, visiting everyone who left a comment for the logo contest on my blog...

Cheers

Kiltak[GAS]

7:27 PM  
Blogger SteakGirl said...

I think most game programmers think they have artistic and design sense, most really don't. It's a simple reality. You have guys who really understand their Maya tools and what-nots, but it's really a far cry from being an artist.

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home