Monday, September 25, 2006

Baldy Is Alive!

I haven’t written in so long, especially after shaving all my hair off, that one might suspect I’ve crawled into some sort of hole (head first) and died. This is quite the opposite of the truth. I’ve been out celebrating. I really, really, really, (a few more really) enjoy my lack of hair. In fact, I feel like going back to all my hiking and backpacking buddies and kicking them each in the nuts about 10 times a piece for not letting me know how much more joyful life is to have insanely short hair while out in the woods. The absolute best part of it all has to come down to the first bathroom visit after a good hike, you can just stick your head under the sink and rinse your entire head and feel amazing (works every damned time)!
So what did my mom have to say about all this after all my stressing? She’s said something to the effect of, “Oh, you cut it that short? It’s creepy.” Still, she was laughing at it, and honestly her reaction puts her decades ahead of the typical Chinese person – which I encountered a lot of while visiting Vancouver B.C. with my sister over the weekend. Chinese people don't understand a girl with shaved head, they ALL stared with their jaws hanging - even the waitresses at the Chinese restaurants did that, right next to our table. When I have a moment, I’ll put up a little vacation post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home