Monday, September 25, 2006

Happiest Freak Show

My cubicle was the freak show today. I wasn’t too shocked being the first day back at work after being gone for a week…and people seeing my shaved head for the first time. A few coworkers came over and petted my head saying, “I can’t resist.” I figured it’s payback for all those years I petted guys’ heads. One coworker came by saying, “I’m not sure why… Oh, I get it now. Wow!” Apparently my boss told him to come see me…just to see me. People from the other end of the building came by to see because they heard from so-and-so…and everyone that stopped by asked why I decided to shave my head. Overall, people reacted well, but there was definitely a reaction, unlike a typical haircut where usually only the girls comment on. In our weekly team meeting today, I was the only girl and my hair was the shortest in the entire room.

I did make a point to yell at one of my backpacking buddy for not informing me of how wonderful it is to have short hair for hiking, his response, “Oh it’s not only good for hiking.” Damn men! Damn you all for not telling me. He did mentioned that he assumed it’s common knowledge that short hair rocks. I don’t think people with long hair truly understand how much it rocks.

While I was at the gym today…I actually washed my hair for the first time. I normally can’t do that, I would shower at the gym, but have to shower “for realz” when I get home because my hair requires special shampoo and conditioner that costs 50 billion dollars then it would take another 8.9 hours of drying and primping to make it look good. Now, it’s more like, “You got soap? Any kind of soap? Even dish soap would work.” Rub dry with a small paper towel. Done. Life is good. Happiness is having super low maintenance hair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home