Thursday, November 30, 2006

Chicken Claws

Help me. My arms have gone retarded. I went climbing yesterday with my buddy and after our arms were cramped and useless we went to play some pool. We left early because the pool hall was dead and we figured the bartender wanted us to leave to close out the joint - so we decided to wander to a bowling alley. When we got there, the shoe keeper guy told us they were closing out the joint in half an hour because of the snowstorm…oh did I mention we were out and about during a Seattle snowstorm? My buddy asked if I still wanted to bowl for half hour, I said, “Eh, why not? We could just whale it fast as we can.” Since the bowling alley was also dead, the shoe keeper told us we could just have two lanes and go nuts.

We bowled three of the fastest games ever and I had a pathetic chicken claw for a hand by the end. I kicked my buddy’s ass…and since I’ve never beaten him in bowling before, I rubbed it in really good. Yeah, don’t let me win at anything, I’m a terrible winner. Even if you beat me a hundred times and I manage to win once, I’m going to bring up that ONE damned time whenever I get a chance.

It was obvious everywhere we went that Seattle was shutting down due to the half an inch of snow on the ground but we didn’t want to call it a night…because snow is magical dammit and it’s just nice to be out. The best part was driving through Capitol Hill and seeing all these people outside having snowball fights. It’s fun to read other people’s account of the night:

“so last night about 20-30 people gathered on the intersection of denny and bellevue to cheer on all the cars trying to make it up the hill. lots of older cars spinning wheels and the crowds were yelling in support. no bad accidents, just a couple cars sliding straight into the curbs. best part is when a hummer came charging up the hill at a good speed. the crowd booed loudly and threw a couple snowballs. lol.”

My car got snowballed but my buddy was jonesing for a snowball fight so it was all good and fun. That’s the beauty of snow, it brings out the kid in everyone.
Of course it had to rain during our food run because heaven forbid there should be that much magic in the world.

I just got back from still more climbing with another buddy…typing with chicken claws is a lot harder than one might think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home