Thursday, March 16, 2006

Token Girl Friend

I just got back from hanging out with my ONE gal friend, Gigi, that I've had since high school. I always forget how refreshing it is to be around her, which is strange since I've known her for so long. Still, a big part of the reason she is the only gal friend I have left is because she understands that time has no meaning. There are times when I see her a few times a week, there are times when I see her once every few months...maybe even a year. She never brings drama with her when we hang out. We might talk about events in her life that are dramatic, but it doesn't unfold itself during the course of the night.
I don't know why I keep expecting that she'll be a drama queen like the rest, but I'm happy to see that she has always proven otherwise. I just can't believe I keep forgetting how nice it is to have someone that doesn't always see that life is always about the exact same bullshit. It might be similar, but it has to at least evolve so that we're not having a déjà vu night.
We hung out at my sister’s bar, where I dubbed some dude, “White Trash”. Seriously he earns this drunk-nickname, he’s this little Korean boy who slurs and picks up a hick accent whenever he gets wasted. It really doesn’t help that he keeps talking about his relatives in Bellingham or Auburn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home