Monday, March 27, 2006

Day 4 - Tawa

I met Tawa at Temple while playing pool with my sister. Tawa said her name is of Nigerian descent, but in Togali it means "happiness". I’m not sure what the relation between places that speak Togali vs Nigeria is, but it’s still a cool name. She’s “visiting” from the land called Tacoma with her buddy Kenn with two n’s. Apparently, people from Tacoma visit Seattle when they want to relax, according to her. I didn’t think Seattle is such a grand adventure being that it’s 40 minutes away, but I guess there isn’t too much going for Tacoma other than stanky air.

We did speak to Ed, the bartender for a bit. Now, Ed…Little Ed, as the other bartenders call him there because there’s another bigger one…is a bit more reserved than the other guys so we never really spoke to him. The guy is getting married in the summer and he seems like a happy guy. The neat thing that he does aside from bartending is he does freelance writing for websites. He did some stuff for music sites which are fun, but he’s currently working on a site for cancer patients. How do you put a positive spin on cancer?

My sister commented that Nathan (Day 2 Person) had called her and said that I obviously didn't like him because I was being so mean to him. She explained to him that I didn't dislike him. I'm giving people complexes! Still, he offered to take us flying sometime (the guy is training to be a full-time pilot). Colin told me on Saturday night he felt bad for the guy because I was tearing him apart. Still when I asked if he felt it was undeserved, Colin said, "Oh, no, he was definitely asking for it." There you go. Nathan had mentioned that he was scared of us (us three girls) because we're so scary...and that his buddy had told him that "Asian girls are easy because they're so submissive and docile." He said that. Those words actually come from the guy's mouth after I had decided to go easy on him. I told him, "I understand your friend is an ignorant idiot, but you really shouldn't go around repeating the crap that he says." He apologized again, saying that he knows he keeps saying the wrong things but he felt he could speak his mind because he is amongst friends. I told him he is indeed wrong and to feel free to stop speaking his mind because he's digging his grave. My sister tried to be nice by saying, "Oh, we're all friends here, and don't be scared of me, I'm very nice." Jen said, "Yeah, I generally pretty nice too." I said, "Be afraid buddy, because I'm a raging bitch."

Seriously though, I like Nathan just fine. I think he's a blathering idiot, but I don't dislike him, he honestly tries a little too hard. I think it's important that I don't let him go off like an idiot without at least making an earnest attempt to correct his poor manners (if you don't think making endless bad ignorant racist remarks is poor manners, here's a one finger salute to you too).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home