Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Day 5 - John

John is someone I've seen before in my sister's restaurant, but I don't believe I've spoken to him much before. Maybe it's because he always seems drunk, like excessively drunk...like he could stumble onto you at any given moment drunk. He was no different last night. He carries this giant backpack around with him all the time, which made me assume he was just coming from work, but no he just came from home. He doesn’t look like a homeless guy nor does he smell like one. I asked him what’s the deal with the enormous backpack that made everyone think someone was moving into the bar…he said, “Well, you have to always be prepared.” He mentioned how he might be caught in the position where he would have to save the day. “Like what if giant demon monkey attacked? I have some demon monkey repellent.” Well, isn’t that nice? I feel much safer now that I have excessively drunk guy with wild imagination watching over my back. I thanked him for keeping my sister’s place in his patrol route.

In other news, I’m back to planning to kill my sister. I have my usual morning routine of getting up around 8, get ready for work, then putz around for an hour or so reading some book or another until 9:30. This morning I ran the hell out of the house soon as I was ready to meet my sister because she had to drop off her rental car from her whole car-broken-into-then-was-in-the-shop incident. I get to the coffee shop, which was our designated meeting place, and she wasn’t there. I called her, and she said, “Oh, I’m so sorry, I forgot to tell you, mom can drop me off later.” I told her about my elaborate plans to kill her. I’m sure she will be buying me lots of drinks tonight.

My sister and I went back to Temple last night, partly because Temple’s Tuesday rulez (with a “z”) and partly because we wanted to congratulate their karaoke DJ Sherry for placing in the Seattle’s Star. We weren’t even aware of the fact that she was competing but the lady has an incredible voice. We only saw the announcement while watching the show at some victory party thingy-ma-bob for Amanda (another Star competitor) at Phoenix Underground. Yes, that’s me, I never watch TV except I seem to get stuck at parties where a bunch of people sit around and watch TV, it’s KIRO for fuck’s sake, not even cable. At least, they had really good free catered food. I’d like to take a moment out to bitch about the serving glass at Phoenix…that fucking glass is not a true pint glass, if you have Guinness on tap, buy real pint glasses already!

I’m happy for Sherry. My sister and I have been hearing her sing for a while now (almost every Tuesday). Some people karaoke, Sherry sings! At this point, even if she doesn’t win, I think she’s having a ball.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home